These Nutella and Peanut Butter Sandwiches are simple, versatile and darn right DELICIOUS!
If you’re wondering ‘is peanut butter and Nutella good?’ the answer is abso-freaking-lutely! If you’ve never tried it before your life is about to change for the better. Of course today we’re celebrating it in sandwich form, so grab your eating pants and follow me.
The Ultimate Nutella Sandwich
Originally I intended on making a Nutella sandwich, but one thing led to another and the peanut butter made its way in. As you can imagine this sandwich is ridiculously easy to make, just a few things to address:
Feel free to use any chocolate spread you can get your hands on, doesn’t necessarily have to be Nutella!
I prefer chunky peanut butter, just for a little extra texture. I also find it holds the sandwich together in comparison to an extra smooth peanut butter, especially because we’re frying it (more on this in just a sec).
I love throwing some fresh fruit into this sandwich. Banana goes exceptionally well, but berries (strawberries & blueberries) are quickly becoming one of my new faves. Alongside the fruit, if I’ve got any on hand, I’ll sprinkle in some chia seeds too.
Process shots: slice bread (photo 1), butter one side (photo 2), flip over (photo 3), spread half with Nutella and half with peanut butter (photo 4), top Nutella with fruit & seeds (photo 5), top with bread butter-side-up (photo 6).
Sure, you could eat the sandwiches right away, but frying them as you would a grilled cheese takes things to the next level. That way the Nutella goes ooey & gooey and you get a nice crispy, crunchy, buttery casing to the sandwich.
What Bread to use?
I recommend using a firmer loaf like a Sourdough. The inside of the sandwich is going to be very soft, so you want something sturdy enough to contain the filling.
Process shots: add to a non-stick pan over medium heat (photo 1), fry both sides until golden (photo 2).
Serving a Nutella Peanut Butter Sandwich
I like to serve these with a sprinkling of powdered/icing sugar, but that’s totally optional. I tend to serve these for breakfast/brunch as you would French toast!
Alrighty, let’s tuck into the full recipe for this peanut butter Nutella sandwich shall we?!
How to make a Nutella Peanut Butter Sandwich (Full Recipe & Video)
Nutella Peanut Butter Sandwiches
- Sharp Knife & Chopping Board
- Non-Stick Pan & Spatula/Turner
- 8 slices of Sourdough (or other firm bread)
- 4 heaped tbsp Nutella
- 4 heaped tbsp Peanut Butter
- Butter, as needed
- sliced Banana or Berries, to fill (optional)
- pinch of Chia Seeds, to fill (optional)
- Icing/Powdered Sugar, to finish (optional)
- Spread one side of each of your slices of bread with butter, then flip over so they're butter-side-down. Spread half the slices with a good dollop of Nutella, then spread the other half with peanut butter. Top the Nutella slice with sliced banana or berries and a pinch of chia seeds (optional).
- Add the peanut butter slice on top (butter-side-up). Add to a non-stick pan over medium heat and fry both sides until golden. You may need to do this in two batches.
- Garnish with powdered sugar then enjoy!
If you loved this Nutella Sandwich recipe be sure to Pin it for later! Already made it or got a burning question? Give me a shout in the comments below!