All the flavour and texture of a classic cheesecake made into delicious mini sandwiches!
I know a cheesecake sandwich might sound a little odd, but it’ll make sense – Promise! Follow me…
First thing we’re going to do is crack on with the filling. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Cream – Heavy/Double cream and preferably straight out the fridge. This will be whipped to help form the base of the filling.
- Cream Cheese – I recommend full fat, don’t skimp on reduced fat. It’ll alter the flavour too much. I love Philadelphia!
- Powdered Sugar – Or Icing/Confectionary sugar. This will sweeten the filling without altering the texture too much.
- Lemon Juice – This will help set the cheesecake.
- Vanilla Extract – This offers the flavour of a classic cheesecake.
Process shots: pour cream into large mixing bowl (photo 1), whip until thick (photo 2), add in cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla (photo 3), whip again until combined (photo 4).
The above ingredients will give you a plain classic cheesecake filling. These sandwiches are awesome to experiment with though, so feel free to split the filling and mix in some extra goodies! For these sandwiches I had:
- Classic (vanilla extract)
- Strawberry (diced strawberries folded in)
- Nutella (dollop of Nutella mixed in)
Other variations you could try are: Lemon, Biscoff, Blueberry/Raspberry, Oreo, Salted Caramel. One thing just to consider is not adding too much liquid/runny sauces. It’ll throw off the consistency and prevent the filling from firming up!
Another thing to consider is how sweet the addition is and if you need to hold back on some of the sugar, just to prevent it being too sweet.
Making Cheesecake Sandwiches
Alright, filling done and dusted, let’s talk sandwiches.
What you essentially want to do is sandwich the filling together with two biscuits. Here in the UK the classic cheesecake base is made from Digestives, so that’s what we’re using. In the US I understand it’s Graham Crackers, which I imagine will work just as well!
Once you’ve made the sandwiches you’ll want to set them in the fridge. You can eat them straight away, but the filling will just burst right out. You really want a firm filling. The longer they rest the softer the biscuit becomes, but it’s a worthy trade-off! I recommend around 3-4hours.
Process shots: add a dollop of cheesecake filling to digestive (photo 1), gently squish another one on top (photo 2), add to a tray and set in the fridge (photo 3).
Serving Cheesecake Sandwiches
These are awesome for dessert, but just as good as a sweet snack! They keep well in the fridge so you can pick away over a couple of days. If you’re making them ahead of time, just tightly cover in the fridge for a couple of days.
Alrighty, let’s tuck into the full recipe for the cheesecake sandwiches shall we?!
How to make a Cheesecake Sandwiches (Full Recipe & Video)
- Medium/Large Mixing Bowl
- Hand Mixer
- Large Tray
- 24 Digestive Biscuits (can sub Graham Crackers in US)
- 1x 12oz/340g tub of Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup / 120ml cold Heavy/Double Cream
- 1/3 cup / 50g Powdered/Icing Sugar
- 1/2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Fillings (i.e. Nutella, Strawberries) optional (see notes)
- In a medium/large mixing bowl pour in cream. Use a hand mixer to whip until it thickens and holds its shape. Slightly more than firm peaks, but not such much it turns into whipped cream.
- Add in cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract and lemon juice. Whip again until evenly combined. At this point you can divide the mixture and fold in different fillings if you desire.
- 1 heaped tbsp at a time, add to the centre of a digestive biscuit, then add another one on top and gently press down until the filling reaches the outside of the biscuit. Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
- Add to a large tray and pop in the fridge for 3-4 hours, or until the filling is nice and firm.
Your Private Notes:
For more similar sandwiches check out these beauties:
Sweet Sandwich Recipes
- Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Raspberry White Chocolate Sandwich
- Nutella Peanut Butter Sandwiches
- Elvis Sandwich
If you loved this Cheesecake Sandwich Recipe be sure to Pin it for later! Already made it or got a burning question? Give me a shout in the comments below!