Raspberry and White Chocolate is an incredible combo, and today we’re celebrating it in sandwich form!
Once in a while I like to throw a sweet sandwich into the mix. If you’ve been a reader of mine for a while, you know my sweet tooth is close to non-existent. So you know you’re in for a treat if even I love this sweet sensation! Follow me…
Raspberry White Chocolate Sandwich
This sandwich does indeed require raspberries and white chocolate, but there’s actually a few other goodies you’ll need too:
- Bread – I recommend something firm like a Sourdough, just to counteract the soft gooey filling.
- Raspberries – Fresh raspberries and roughly diced.
- White Chocolate – I tend to use chocolate chips, just so they’re better evenly distributed, but you could also just dice up chocolate.
- Marshmallows – These add another layer of flavour and help glue the sandwich together.
- Salt – This is optional, but I do like to add a pinch of flaky sea salt, just to counteract the sweetness.
- Coconut Oil – Coconut goes amazingly with both white chocolate and raspberry, so we’re going to toast the sandwich in coconut oil to inject that gorgeous flavour.
When it comes to making the sandwich, I usually make them as ‘mini’ sandwiches. Snack size if you will. I find the bigger you go with the sandwich, the more the filling just spills out and goes soggy. Smaller sandwiches seem to work better.
Just following on from that, I recommend going easy with the fillings, namely the raspberries. They leak out a huge amount of moisture as they cook. If at all weary just make one small sandwich and adjust the filling quantities as needed.
Can I make any subs/adjustments?
You could trade out the raspberries for strawberries and the white chocolate of milk or dark chocolate. I imagine that combo would be just as delicious!
Process shots: slice bread (photo 1), add chocolate and marshmallows (photo 2), add raspberries then add bread (photo 3), melt coconut oil (photo 4), add sandwiches (photo 5), fry both sides until golden (photo 6).
Serving White Chocolate Raspberry Sandwiches
Because these are quite small these are awesome as a snack. I sometimes like to dust over powdered sugar, but that’s totally optional 😋
Alrighty, let’s tuck into the full recipe for these raspberry white chocolate sandwiches shall we?!
How to make a Raspberry White Chocolate Sandwich (Full Recipe & Video)
Raspberry White Chocolate Toasted Sandwiches
- Sharp Knife & Chopping Board
- Frying Pan & Spatula/Turner
- Sieve (optional)
- 12 mini slices of Sourdough
- 12 small Marshmallows, torn or diced into small pieces
- 2/3 cup / 120g White Chocolate Chips, or as needed (can sub diced white chocolate)
- 3/4 cup / 90g Raspberries, roughly diced (around 3 per sandwich)
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil (see notes)
- Icing/Powdered Sugar, to serve (optional)
- Flaky Sea Salt (optional)
- Lay bread slices out on a clean surface. Sprinkle white chocolate chips over half of them (enough to cover the base). Top with marshmallow and raspberries, then add a pinch of flaky sea salt. Add bread slice on top.
- In a pan over medium heat add 1 tbsp coconut oil. Once melted, add in the sandwiches (in batches of two) and fry both sides until golden, with the chocolate and marshmallow just starting to leak out.
- Serve with dusted icing sugar and enjoy!
If you loved this Raspberry Sandwich recipe be sure to Pin it for later! Already made it or got a burning question? Give me a shout in the comments below!