Toasted English Muffins stuffed with soft, buttery and luxurious scrambled eggs. Here I’ll show you the BEST way to make a scrambled egg sandwich!
I know, how hard can it be to make a scrambled egg sandwich?! It’s true, it is super easy to make. BUT, there ‘good’ way to make and scrambled egg sandwich and a ‘ridiculously delicious’ way to make a scrambled egg sandwich. Here I’ll you show the latter 😛. Follow me…
For me, I much prefer a smooth, custardy texture. I’m not a fan of dry scrambled eggs. Even fluffy scrambled eggs don’t do it for me. I like them velvety and buttery. That way you’ve got a soft filling inside some crisp toasted muffins. We’ll get into making scrambled eggs in just a sec, but first things first:
How many eggs are in a serving of scrambled eggs?
Usually I’d do 3 for a serving (i.e on toast). But these sandwiches are quite small and you’ve got a few other goodies in the sandwich, so 2 per person works great.
Do you add milk to scrambled eggs?
I’m a firm believer that you don’t need milk or cream to make creamy scrambled eggs. It’s all in the technique. All you need is eggs and some butter to fry. Promise!
First thing you’ll want to do is add some eggs to a bowl, sprinkle in some salt and whisk until well beaten.
Best way to make Scrambled Eggs
For me, the best way to scramble eggs is low and slow. By frying the eggs on a low heat over a longer period of time, you develop the flavours a bit more, which results in a rich, creamy finish. Cooking low and slow also does wonders in terms of texture. The eggs turn really smooth and velvety.
How long should you scramble eggs for?
This process can take anywhere between 10-15mins. I know, it’s slightly excessive for scrambled eggs, but it’s truly worth it!
Two other tips for making scrambled eggs is to 1. Make sure you take the eggs off the heat JUST before they’re completely cooked through. The leftover heat will continue cooking them as they rest. 2. Use a spatula to form long curds. Don’t whisk the eggs into lots of tiny curds, the texture won’t be as soft and creamy.
Scrambled Egg Sandwich
When it comes to a scrambled egg sandwich, you don’t need much. The scrambled egg is the star of the show so it’s important to let it shine! Here’s what you’ll need:
Scrambled Egg Sandwich Ingredients
- English Muffins – Must be toasted, just to counteract the soft filling.
- Scrambled Eggs – As discussed above.
- Cheese – This is optional, but recommended. I go for American/Processed cheese to give a nod to McDonald’s 😛
- Hot Sauce – Always nice to spice up the sandwich.
- Chives – Chives and eggs are a match made in heaven!
What else could I add to this sandwich?
It’s perfect as it is, but you could go wild and add sausage, bacon, tomato, avocado or even ham!
What to serve with a Scrambled Egg Sandwich?
- Crisp/Chip Recommendation: I love a Cheese and Onion flavour here. Something light like a Walkers works great!
- Side Recommendation: Gotta be a batch of Hash Brown Patties!
Alrighty, let’s tuck into the full recipe for this Scrambled Egg Sandwich shall we?!
How to make a Scrambled Egg Sandwich (Full Recipe & Video)
Scrambled Egg Sandwich
- Small/Medium Sized Mixing Bowl & Whisk
- Medium/Large Non-Stick Pan & Spatula
- Sharp Knife & Chopping Board
- 6 Eggs
- 3 English Muffins, halved & toasted
- 3 slices of American/Processed Cheese, or cheese of choice
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 3 tsp finely diced Fresh Chives
- Hot Sauce, as needed
- Salt, to taste
- Crack eggs into a mixing bowl and add a pinch of salt. Break the yolks with your whisk then beat until smooth.
- In a non-stick pan over low heat melt in 2 tbsp butter. Pour in beaten eggs and keep on a low heat (this is important). Gently stir to keep the eggs from catching on the pan. After around 5mins or so the eggs should start to turn into a thick custardy texture, with smaller curds forming.
- At this point stir in a circular motion to form larger curds. Don't dice the egg up into tiny pieces, you want nice long curds. Keep on low heat.
- When the eggs have formed into large soft curds, but still slightly runny, take off the heat. They will continue cooking through the leftover heat from the pan. This process can take anywhere between 10-15mins if you keep it low and slow!
- Meanwhile place cheese on 3 of your muffin halves and broil under the grill until it melts slightly. Top with scrambled eggs, then drizzle with hot sauce and sprinkle with chives. Add second half of muffin and enjoy!
Your Private Notes:
For another delicious egg sandwich recipe check out my Egg Mayonnaise Sandwich!
For more similar sandwiches check out these beauties:
If you loved this Scrambled Egg Sandwich Recipe be sure to Pin it for later! Already made it or got a burning question? Give me a shout in the comments below!