This chicken bacon ranch sandwich couldn’t be easier to make. It’s quick, delicious and makes the perfect lunch!
Looking for another simple yet outrageously tasty chicken sandwich to add to your rotations? Look no further…
Chicken, Bacon and Ranch
Literally 3 of my favourite things in the world. But when you combine them and shove them inside a sandwich?! Yeah we’re not playing games today.
Good old trusty leftover rotisserie chicken does the trick here. That or you can fry up a couple of breasts, let them cool & dice ’em up.
You can use any cut of bacon you fancy, smoked or unsmoked. Here I use 8 rashers of unsmoked streaky bacon. That’s two rashers per sarnie.
Just use your regular favourite ranch dressing brand. I find most brands over here in the UK tend to be a little too ‘tangy’ so I actually like to add a tbsp of sour cream. Completely optional.
Process shots: add chicken, bacon, ranch, celery, spring onion, sour cream, salt & pepper to a bowl (photo 1), use a spatula to stir and combine (photo 2).
Chicken Bacon Ranch Sandwich
When it comes to the sandwich you’ll only need two extra fillings: a big fresh crunchy leaf of round lettuce and 2 thick juicy slices of beef tomato. That’s it. Let the chicken bacon ranch filling work its magic undistracted!
Butter, of course.
Spreading both slices of bread with butter will help create a barrier and help prevent the bread going soggy.
Season the Tomatoes!
A good pinch of salt and pepper on the tomatoes works absolute wonders. However, only do this if you’re serving the sandwich right away, otherwise the salt will draw out the moisture from the tomatoes and make the sandwich soggy.
Process shots: butter bread (photo 1), add lettuce (photo 2), add tomatoes (photo 3), add chicken bacon ranch mix (photo 4).
Serving Chicken Bacon Ranch Sandwiches
Can I make this ahead of time?
Like always, sandwiches are always best served fresh. But, you can absolutely make the chicken bacon ranch mix ahead of time. Just cover and leave in the fridge until needed. If you make the whole sandwich ahead of time just remember to not salt the tomatoes.
- Crisp/Chip Recommendation: Any sort of spicy flavour works nicely, Thai Sweet Chilli Sensations or Flamin’ Hot Doritos.
- Side Recommendation: Sweet Potato Wedges work beautifully with this sandwich!
Alrighty, let’s tuck into the full recipe for this chicken bacon ranch sandwich shall we?!
How to make a Chicken Bacon Ranch Sandwich (Full Recipe & Video)
Chicken Bacon Ranch Sandwich
- Medium Sized Mixing Bowl
- Sharp Knife & Chopping Board
- 2 packed cups / 300g Leftover Rotisserie Chicken (see notes)
- 1/2 cup / 120ml Ranch Dressing
- 8 medium slices of White Bread, optionally toasted
- 8 slices of Bacon, cooked, cooled & chopped
- 4 large Round Lettuce Leaves
- 1 rib of Celery, finely diced
- 2 Beef Tomatoes, sliced into 8 rounds in total
- 2 Spring/Green Onions, finely diced
- 1 tbsp Sour Cream (optional - see notes)
- Butter, as needed
- Salt & Pepper, as needed
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine chicken with celery, spring onion, bacon, ranch dressing, salt & pepper (to taste) and sour cream if you're adding it.
- Butter one side of all your slices of bread. Top 4 of those with a lettuce leaf. Follow with 2 tomatoes and a pinch of salt and pepper (only do this if you're serving right away or it'll draw out excess moisture in the tomatoes and make the sandwich soggy). Top with chicken bacon ranch and finish with buttered bread.
- Slice in half and enjoy!
Your Private Notes:
For more similar sandwiches check out these beauties:
Rotisserie Chicken Sandwiches
- Chicken Salad Croissant Sandwich
- Coronation Chicken Sandwich
- Chicken Waldorf Salad Sandwich
- Chicken Mayo Sandwich
- ALL Rotisserie Chicken Sandwiches!
If you loved this Chicken Bacon Ranch Sandwich Recipe be sure to Pin it for later! Already made it or got a burning question? Give me a shout in the comments below!
This sandwich is a big hit with my kids! They want me to make more of this for their lunch box. 🙂
That’s great to hear! 🙂
Talk about an elevated chicken sandwich!! This looks amazing. All of my favorite flavors… definitely going to have to try this one. YUM!
Amazing! Hope you love it 🙂
My family loves chicken and bacon and ranch. This is absolutely perfect!
Thanks Vicky 🙂
Cathleen @ A Taste of Madness
I am always looking for sandwich recipes, so this one looks perfect for me! Definitely making it for this week’s lunch!
This sandwich looks so delicious! I love how quick and easy it is to make with the help of a rotisserie chicken!